Experiencing “The Next Level” !
Odyssey 5.0 = Awe-Inspiring.
I don’t even have words to explain the entire experience. It was amazing, and it was *in the moment*, thus, no blog-analyzing. 🙂
However, a bit by bit account of whatever happened (and whatever I remember):
* Woke up at 7:00 am and I got freaked after hearing my own voice, because I sounded like a hoarse horse that isn’t even good at the braying or mooing, whatever it is that horses do (no offence to them), and I was supposed to be singing at Odyssey.
* Reached school, had a run through of the entire performance, attended the PTM.
* (I’ve GOT to mention this, lol) Mrs. Koeli Dey, my english teacher said “Never in my teaching have I had more pleasure in teaching a student like her. I go to XI C1 just to teach her, and I miss it when she’s not there because she’s pulled out for practice for fests and things like that. And those days, I just don’t feel like attending class. She’s so well-behaved and …….” Well, I could go on, like she did, for ten-fifteen minutes. 😀
And I haven’t been that happy in my entire school life of thirteen years. (Ok, maybe I have.) So make that at least in the last seven years. Since I began middle school. Seriously. That, and meeting people today. (Which I’ll come to.)
* Went over to the other side to Vidya Mandir and waited while my tummy did the mini heebie-jeebies. And this time, I was so excited to be singing “Chal Diye” and drumming Toxicity. (And I don’t know how many times I must’ve mentioned that on this blog here, thank you fellow sharkians for keeping up with me!)
* Delivered what felt like an amazing performance. Gaahd, especially the hindi song. My voice was just what I wanted it to be, and they LOVED it. At least, that’s what’s the response I got 😀
And that was the second thing that made me happy today. I felt alive.
* Meeting Sambit, who like an idiot missed our song. But what the hell 🙂
* Got wet waiting for passes, in the rain of course. Oh yeah, there was the whole running to Kookie Jar to get a chocolate boat before that 🙂
Third thing. I’m on a roll.
* Fashion show. Looking at half of them that looked like weird sluts. Yeah, from my school itself. Pragya looked REAL cute! 😀 (Special mention for her!)
* After which we got kicked out of the auditorium. And then I was on the road again, hunting for a pass for Agnee’s guest performance and the prize distribution. And I got so bugged during that period. Asking all kinds of random people for passes, I finally chanced upon Sunayan, Arpit, Meghdut and Radhika laughing about some kickass fantasy of Arpit’s, (probably).
* There was a ton of “Arpit you’re SO mine” from Radhika and myself, more from her, since I was just getting into the whole groove. And then we were sitting having a gala time in the prayer hall.
* Have Arpit introduce me to his acquaintances as his girl. LOL. And then mentioning that Im a one of a kind Pretty Alien. If there was such a thing. HAHA. Funn, I tell you.
* Agnee. GAAAHD-forsakingly-AMA-ZING! Hindi goth music.. Sheesh, they were SO good. Click here to visit their website for free downloads of their music.
* Bugging Arpit to sit with me during their little concert even though he was getting screwed by the committee members.
* Lead Guitar (Agnee) KOKO! AAAWWWESSSOME!
Do leave your comments, as to what Odyssey 5.0 was for you this year. Especially if you’re from Birla High!
x EdgyShark x